Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

A PJO roleplay site.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time Bomb

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

Time Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Time Bomb   Time Bomb EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 pm

Okay, so, I got the idea for this when I watched the music video for Time Bomb from All Time Low's album Dirty Work, and a while ago I decided to write it. After revising it, loosing my revisions, and giving up hope, I forgot about this, but now I found it! Now, this isn't the revised version, but I got bored and I thought, 'Hey! You should put this up somewhere, because why the heck did you write it if you didn't want people to read it?' So MAYBE I think in italics... It's kind of short, only one one thousand seven hundred thirty-eight words long, which is WAY shorted than my previous MCR fanfiction (which you can find here if you haven't read this and are interested, but it's insanely off from how everything was supposed to be and I'm thinking of revising it), but hey! This is some pretty cool stuff, or, at least, I think so.

Seth's goggles were over his eyes as he intently worked on the contraption on the table in front of him. He knew he didn't have a lot of time before they found him, and he wasn't looking forward to when they did.
      "Steady, Seth," he mutters to himself. "Hold the drill steady. Hold it *^&%@*# steady!"
      Soon enough, he could hear pounding footsteps. He could hear the shouts of people outside of the garage, and that's when he knew they found him.
      "Just a few more seconds, Goddammit!" he growled. He was almost done, he just needed a few more seconds. Mere seconds before the door was thrown open, he grabbed his backpack and threw his latest invention into it. He threw off his goggles and ran for the back door.
      He could hear the door being busted down, but he was too busy running to pay attention. He had to get out of there, he had to get to the hospital.
      He had to save her.
      Seth could remember exactly what had happened. He could remember the blood, her blood, coating the floors, making him trip when he tried to run to save her. He could remember the man who had hurt her, the man who had hurt the only person he loved, tying him to a chair the second he seemed to be a threat. He remembered being forced to watch the man torture her, torture the only person he could rely on in this world.
      When the police finally found them, the man had knocked Seth out and untied him from the chair.
      When Seth woke up, the police were already there, and he was the only suspect.
      The took her to the hospital. They took her away from him, he couldn't even say goodbye. They didn't believe his story, they all thought that Seth was the murderer.
      He escaped from the claws of the police, but he knew they would be ready for him. That was why he had to run, run as fast as he could. He had to run to the hospital, the only thing that was sure to bring her back in his backpack.
      The dirt started exploding behind him once the cops starting shooting. He ignored it, tried to will it away, but it was still there.
      "Just keep running, idiot. Save her," he growled under his breath.
      He never knew why someone as fair as she was would ever fall for someone like him, but it had happened. They were exact opposites. She was beautiful and delicate, he was rough looking and sturdily built. She grew up in the richest family in the country, while he grew up a street. It reminded him of an old movie that his mom had told him about when he was younger, when the days were carefree, before he had to steal things to get by. The movie was called Alladin, something like that. A princess had fallen for a street urchin, basically, but he disguised himself as a prince so she would love him. The boy had a pet monkey and a magical genie to help him, too. The genie was the one who made him look like a prince. Seth never got that part, because the princess loved the boy even when he was a street urchin, but he guessed that things were different then. He also never got why the boy would have to get the princess to fall for him in the first place, because he was happy living on the streets. He would sing songs and he had his monkey to keep him company. Plus, he had an awesome hang out. Seth would've killed to have a place like that.
      Then again, things were different now. He guessed he had the same situation, except he had no genie to help him. He couldn't say "Get rid of the police" or "Make her parents okay with her dating me" or "Give me a lot of money." He didn't get three wishes because wishes were saved for people who were dying. Only the people who everyone knew would die but could still move around would be able to do anything. They could go bungee jumping, they could meet celebrities, they could go to really cool places, they could do anything. Seth found this ironic, because it was almost like you could only live once you were about to die.
      One bullet nearly hit him, and Seth cursed his stupidity for letting himself get stuck in his memories.
      Seth was almost there, he could see the hospital up ahead. It looked beautiful from the outside, but the inside was grey and dirty. He knew from when he had to go there for his mom.
      He looked behind him and saw that the traffic cut the police off, forcing them to stop. He would've loved to stop to celebrate, but he couldn't; not at a time like this. So he ran into the hospital and up the stairs. He ran down each hallway, looking in to try and find her, but she wasn't in any of the rooms, not until he got to the last one.
      When Seth saw her, he nearly forgot his mission. He would've loved to just stand there and take in her beauty, just watch, but he could see how lifeless she was. She was just as beautiful when she was dead, but Seth preferred her when she was still breathing. Quickly, as quickly as possible, he pulled his latest contraption out of his backpack and walked over to her. He had no idea how it would work, but he just hoped it did soon.
      He held it to her chest, and as soon as he did, metal threads wrapped around her chest and connected at the back. Then it started to sink into her chest.
      As it did so, he could see color returning to her cheeks, he could hear her start to breath again, even if it did start up slowly, and he almost allowed himself a grin. Almost.
      A few seconds after it sunk all the way into her chest, a pulsing yellow glow appeared in her chest. The light pulsed in the exact rhythm of her heartbeat. He had memorized it every night when they slept together, not doing anything intimate, just sleeping. Seth guessed he could be called paranoid, but most people who lived in the Slums were. It wasn't that uncommon, especially with the common threat of having what little they own being taken away from them.
      A few seconds after the pulsing light appeared, her eyes flew open.
      "Seth?" she asked. "Where am I? What happened?"
      "No time to explain. Do you think you could run?"
      "Yeah," she said, looking at Seth like he was insane to ask such a question. "Of course I can. What kind of question is that, anyways?"
      "Then come on," Seth said, ignoring the last part of her comment.
      He held out his hand to her, and she took it.
      "Why do we have to run?" she asked.
      "I'll tell you later. I promise, okay?"
      "Okay."
      Seth heard the footsteps coming up the stairs, down the hall, coming close, closer, closest. Frantically, he looked around, until his eyes landed on the window. He grabbed the first large object he could see, which was a chair, and then smashed it into the window.
      "Jump on three," he said to her, and they did just that, jumped onto the roof, hand in hand.
      Seconds later an alarm sounded.
      Again, Seth could hear the door being busted down. The bullets exploded onto the roof, and he could hear screams from the patients in rooms below.
      Seth ran, not checking to make sure she was following. He didn't need too, but normally he would. He always had this fear that she would leave him at any given moment. She always chided Seth for being too paranoid. He knew she would never understand the fear that everyone in the Slums shared.
      He couldn't think about that at the moment, though. He knew he was the one that they wanted, he knew he was putting her in danger. He would've been relieved if she ran off, but, much to his dismay, she didn't.
      "Go!" Seth shouts to her, over the sound of their footsteps and bullets exploding on the roof. "They have nothing against you. If you run away, they can't hurt you."
      "I'm not leaving you!" she shouted back to him. "Remember my promise?"
      Seth did. He wished she never had made the promise to never leave him. He had warned her, but she did it anyways. She knew about Seth's lifestyle, but that didn't stop her.
      "Please!" he begged. The cops were getting closer, he could hear it. "They can't go after you if you run away, you've done no wrong."
      She still stayed. She had always been stubborn.
      But soon enough, too soon for Seth's liking, they had reached the edge of the roof. There was a slight wall, which they could climb over, but they'd just fall to their deaths. If Seth allowed her to jump with him, he knew he'd be in even more trouble with her father, even if Seth would be dead. He just wanted her father to know that he cared, that he didn't hurt her. Seth wanted her father to know that he spent his last moments of freedom trying to free her.
      "Seth, we can jump over," she suggests, as if reading Seth's thoughts.
      Seth shakes his head. "No," he says to her. "We'll just fall to our deaths."
      "Put your hands up! You're under arrest!" one of the cops shouts.
      Seth didn't react, but she flinched. He grabbed her hand and put his fingers in the spot where he always did, the spot where he could feel her heartbeat, but he felt nothing. Then he remembered that she should be dead, that she had a machine instead of a heart.
      The cop raised his guns, and his troop followed in suit. "I said put your hands up! We have you surrounded. Struggling is useless."
      Together, Seth and his one true love raised their hands, finally giving in.
      Because, although he didn't want to admit it, Seth had lost all of his will to fight.

Shan the Otter

Shan the Otter

Time Bomb Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time Bomb   Time Bomb EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

That.
Is.
EPIC.
Back to top Go down

Time Bomb
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Out of Character Talk :: Stories-