Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

A PJO roleplay site.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Should intentional murder be allowed?

Go down 
5 posters

Should characters be allowed to intentionally kill or injure other characters?
Yes
Should intentional murder be allowed? Vote_lcap57%Should intentional murder be allowed? Vote_rcap
 57% [ 8 ]
No
Should intentional murder be allowed? Vote_lcap43%Should intentional murder be allowed? Vote_rcap
 43% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

Should intentional murder be allowed? Empty
PostSubject: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 10:21 pm

So, this is something I've been contemplating doing for quite a while, but I don't want to be all communist and decide this by myself. Instead of doing that, I'm making a poll! Now, before we get started, I'll explain what the poll will be for. On other sites, characters are allowed to kill and injure other characters intentionally and get away with it. What I've been thinking, though, is that Chiron specifically mentions in the first book that maiming is against the rule during capture the flag. Judging from this, killing would also be against the rules. While Chiron never says that they're against the rules when they aren't playing CTF or some other practice game, I thought that he only mentioned it then because all of the campers had weapons and they were all fighting. I've been thinking about making it a rule that members can't intentionally murder or injure someone else's character.

Now, my reasoning for wanting to make this rule is that there tends to be a large amount of people with murderers, or, as they like to call them, evil characters. Having an over population of characters like this gets awfully annoying (in my opinion, at least). Not only is there this, but I also noticed that on other sites, characters who have killed at least three people get away with almost anything. Well, let's be practical here. If someone in the real world murders or injures someone intentionally, they get in trouble. Whether it's being grounded for punching someone in the face or getting arrested for shooting someone through the heart, there is always a punishment. Why should the punishment be excluded from the role playing world? If someone injures a character, they should at least get cleaning duty for a week.

Now, the reasoning for why people might want these characters to be allowed. I know from experience that these characters can be fun. I've had one, and they have a lot more personality than your average character. Not only this, but these characters are feared by people. They have a reputation. Who wouldn't want to have a character with a reputation of hurting people? Besides, they're awfully handy when you have a character who you want to dispose of. You just have to ask someone, and then they'll kill your character for you. That, or they can injure them and you can make the wound get infected so they die and you can play out the dramatic end of their life. If you're actually innocent and weak, you can role play as some bad arse who can make someone's internal organs fall out by cutting them open without so much as a wince.

If we do allow intentional murder and injuries, we will add an OR (operating room, for those of you who aren't familiar with the abbreviation) upon Trevor's request.

If you have any more reasons as to why or why not you think these characters should be allowed, feel free to comment. Heck, you can comment even if you want to say, "I think we should/shouldn't allow this."

Last edited by ǝʌıʇɔǝdsᴚǝԀ ʍǝN on Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://chbroleplay.rpg-board.net
Zachary

Zachary

Location : On a dragon, flying around the world with a magic computer.

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 4:20 pm

I think it would be better to allow intentional murders, as in account with the reasons above, if you have a character that gets almost killed by a character who likes to kill, then you can just have them live on with the OR. Even if you don't want intentional murder, you can still have your character live if there is.
Back to top Go down
bob

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 pm

Imma say no mostly for a few reasons.

1) It so incorrect canologicly. By that I mean so you have said evil character then he klills someone. You think Chiron or Mr. D Would be like you are now banished for killing a demi-god for no reason. I mean it's just impractical. (Now I don't mind if it was in self-defence, but just "I'm evil and want to kill hehehehe... just no)

2) As Fishy said they become abundant. A lot of people like running around as the bad guys, so now we have camp that's 3/4 super-crazy people 1/4 other(Yes I know it's a hyperbole, but still).

3) It just becomes dull after awhile seeing so many killings/ evil people. I mean on HBM the first month or so, I was alright, so there are a few crazy people that like to kill on will I'll live, but then after 2 or so months it just became dull and unrealistic(Yes I know the series is unrealistic, but I'm talking about unrealistic from the books POV)
Back to top Go down
Theseus12

Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm

What if a cost section was introduced to where you had to BUY an Evil Character slot?
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 5:31 pm

That would be an option, but I would rather we allow anyone to have them or no one to have them. As I stated, I personally want nobody to be able to have one, unless there is a war or something like that, but I still want to do what the majority of the site wants. If we do end up allowing them, we'll probably only allow one per person, and we would have to make sure you don't seem like the type of person to make the character go out of control and try to kill/attack everybody.

Also, voting ends in two more days, so if you want a say in this, vote now! If you don't vote, don't complain if we end up choosing to do the option you don't want, because you had the chance to have your say in the matter all along.
Back to top Go down
SonofChaos

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 6:52 pm

I think their should be, mainly because if someone doesn't want their charrie to die, they dont have to have them die. and it could be cool if a couple people could be kinda like 'Bounty hunters' or something, but I'm not sure bout that.
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 9:13 am

Topic closed. Rules about 'evil' characters will be put up shortly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should intentional murder be allowed?   Should intentional murder be allowed? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should intentional murder be allowed?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Out of Character Talk-
Jump to: