Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

A PJO roleplay site.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shan the Otter

Shan the Otter

Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan Empty
PostSubject: Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan   Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Let's start with the list of characters I came up with.

1. Shannon Gwenda Jayne Toghill-smith: The fifteen year old half-sister of Perseus Jackson. She's a Welsh, crazy girl that is obsessed the ocean and sheep. She loves reading, writing and drawing and has a mild surfing ability (her balance sucks). She had two pet fish (Fred and George) that died recently. Shannon is basically me! (Well, she is me.) The name Shannon means old and wise (it's also an airport and a river) and the surname of Toghill is derived from the word Thorkil which is Norse and has something to do with Thor. The middle names are my grandmother (Jayne) and great-grandmother (Gwenda). Brown hair, green eyes and occasionally has to wear glasses. Blood type A+. Born on December 31st (New Years Eve).

2. Taisie Leanne Laker: The youngest child of Poseidon at age five. Taisie is a typical girl who grew up in an orphanage. She's a jealous girl of five and carries a small plush shark key ring with her everywhere. The name Taisie was chosen randomly and the Leanne bit just sounded right with the name. Her mother is dead and she lives with Shannon these days. Brown hair, green eyes and blood type AB.

3. Adam Bright: An eight year old boy who loves flying and anything to do with planes. He lives with Jason Grace and his little family in New York. He has black hair and stunning blue eyes. He ran away from his mother because his step-father beat him. Adam is a Biblical name (the story of Adam and Eve, duh). His Surname is from the movie Mamma Mia ('"I'm Bright. Harry Bright."').

4. Jason 'Jay' Mason: The six year old identical twin brother of Jaycee Mason. He is a son of Hades. He usually lives with Nico but often stays in the Underworld. He has dark grey eyes and his skin is pale. He has dark brown hair and his blood type is B-. He likes to play with skeletons and ghosts. He cares more for his sister than anything else in the world. He is friends with Taisie and looks up to Adam. Jason is named after both Jason from Jason and the Argonaughts and my godfather, Jason. I found the whole 'Jason, Mason' thing amusing so I used it as a name.

5. Jaycee Mason: Jason Mason's identical twin sister and daughter of Hades. She lives with Nico all the time, fearing the dark of the Underworld. She has dark brown hair, dark grey eyes and blood type B-. She likes playing with Nico best. She is friends with Taisie, Victoria and Georgina. Her brother comes second only to Nico. I gave her the name of my mam's friends daughter (well, actually, her name is Jaycee-Lee). I don't know anyone else with that name.

6. Cain Salvador: The fifteen year old son of Apollo. He lives at camp but occasionally comes to see Shannon and Taisie. He likes Taisie who loves him back. He has a crush on Shannon (likewise) and has blonde hair, blue eyes and blood type O. Cain is only slightly younger than Shannon by three whole days. I chose his name randomly and used the Bible spelling of it. His surname means 'Saviour' in Spanish.

7. Calais Richardson: A fifteen year old girl who despises Shannon (like many plastics in my school then). She's a daughter of the minor goddess Furina (strangely, people forgot what her mother was the goddess of so I think I'll make it up), goddess of memory. She is Caucasian and has black hair and green eyes. Her blood type is A+. She constantly tries to pry Cain from Shannon. She lives at Camp Half-Blood. Her accent is strongly Texan which makes her sound bigger than she actually is.

8. Rosaria Bloome: Rosaria is a ten year old daughter of Demeter. She loves all flowers and especially likes to braid corn in with her hair. She lives with Kayla Bloome, her older and mortal sister. Fondly known as Rosie, she looks after all demigods younger than herself. She has corn-blonde hair and green eyes. Her blood type is B. The name just sounded pretty.

9. Amber Martin: This five year old daughter of Apollo has a short rivalry with Taisie for the love of Cain. Amber has amber coloured eyes and blonde hair. Her blood type is A. She likes singing and playing the lyre. Her name was randomly selected.

10. Fabian Knott: Fabian is a sixteen year old child of Athena and Cain's friend. He lets Cain stay with him whenever Cain can get out of Camp Half-Blood. He has blonde hair, grey eyes and blood type O. I read a book when I was nine about a girl who gets kidnapped by a fairy boy called Fabian. And the Knott part? Harry Potter.

11. Indira Jones: The seventeen year old daughter of the goddess of witchcraft and night, Hecate. She wears leather usually but does show her feminine side often. She lets Shannon and Taisie stay with her when Taisie comes to New York. She is in a relationship with Jerome Salisbury. She has bright red hair and her eyes are constantly changing colour (this is because Hecate is meant to have three bodies or heads. I just made it less freaky and went for changing eyes.) And her blood type is AB. She got pregnant with Jerome's baby a month ago. Got the name from How to be Indie.

12. Jerome Salisbury: Jerome has freaky hair and is the son of Ares. He's very much like his sister, Clarisse, and likes violence. He sneers at Shannon a lot but seems to have mixed feelings around Taisie. Sometimes, he adores her; sometimes he doesn't want to know. He has brown hair flecked red with dye and his eyes are bloodshot and red. He is seventeen years old and has B- blood. I don't know where the name comes from but I got it from House of Anubis.

13. Thierry Harmon: Thierry is the only son of Misericordia to live in this decade. He works well with Cain and sometimes gets picked on, being called a hippie, a nancy-boy and/or a gay. Jerome is the only child of Ares that doesn't pick on Thierry. He has black hair and red eyes. His blood type is unknown. The name Thierry is French, I think, and I got the surname from the Night World stories (and his first name actually). He is fifteen years old. He was given the power to see into people's future by Hera who favoured him as a baby. He was picked up by Stellar Monroe who found him on the sidewalk, flat out. He has amnesia.

14. Stellar Monroe: The fifteen year old daughter of Hephaestus. She and Leo Valdez are the only children that can summon fire in her hands. She doesn't live anywhere for long because she travels the country looking for demigods. She's a Welsh demigod. She stays away from her siblings most of the time. She has brown hair (flecked with ginger) and green eyes. Her blood type is A.

15. Virtue Delcy: The half Italian, half Greek daughter of Eirene, goddess of peace. She's good natured and can affect people’s feelings from her ability to change the atmosphere and switch it between threatening and peaceful (this affects the mood of the people around her). She has blonde hair and her eyes change colour with her mood like a mood ring that actually works. Her bllod type is unknown.

16. Jessica Witcombe: The daughter of minor god Himeros, the god of sexual desire. She has dark brown hair and her eyes are brown. She likes to talk about boys and she's very persuasive. Blood type A.

17. Mort and Moist: Minor characters and children of Hermes. They only appear twice each but I like them. They are eleven and thirteen years old with brown hair and brown eyes. The names are taken from Terry Prachett books.

18. Damon, Luna and Helena: Three forbidden children created from the symbols of the goddess that made them. Damon, son of Hera, was made by the feathers of a peacock. He was born looking like he was sixteen. He has brown curly hair and eyes like those of a peacock’s feather. Luna was created by Artemis from moonlight and stardust. She has ginger hair and navy coloured eyes. She is twelve years old. Helena is a fire user daughter of Hestia. She born from flames and is four years old. She has ginger hair with subtle brown highlights. Her eyes are amber.
Back to top Go down
Shan the Otter

Shan the Otter

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan   Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 6:54 pm

Due to my own stupidity, the first chapter was forever lost. Put it this way, Shannon was drunk, came home, and fell asleep. She had been beaten up by mosnters. The next morning, like early early morning, Poseidon, Percy and Annabeth came and dropped off a new addition to the children of Poseidon: five year old Taisie Laker. Oh, and it's a crossover of Harry Potter too. Because I had an idea inmy head for this at some point. I'm not sure much Harry Potter appears in this, though.

So here's chapter 2:

Chapter 2:
I Don't Like You

The Grace household was big. I had to stand and look up for a minute to take it in. There would be no way on earth I'd go near the windows of that house. I have a height problem. I'm fine with some heights and circumstances but I hate going over bridges. I'm scared they might collapse and I might fall from them. Also, I can't ever go in an airplane. Zeus would shoot me down. And Taisie. And Percy (especially Percy).

I pressed the buzzer.

"Hello?" the grainy voice of Piper Grace asked through the buzzer. A screen fliped out and I saw Piper's face.

"Hola," I waved.

"Shannon? What're you doing here?" she asked, her voice sounding more clear, like she was standing right next to me.

"I brought Taisie, Piper," I shrugged. "You know, my little sister?"

"Oh! Right, bring her right in and do you have any apple sauce?"

"No. Why?"

"Don't worry. Just a craving," Piper shrugged and the image disappeared.

The door opened and Piper stood in front of me, stomach huge.

"I didn't know you were..." I started.

"You must have missed the announcement. Jason and I are expecting our third and fourth children. Twins," Piper beamed. I had to admit, even with her stomach that huge, she still looked great!

"Come on in, Taisie," Piper smiled. I followed my sister in. Taisie seemed to brighten up as soon as she saw Piper in the flesh.

"Pipe!" she yelled and hugged the daughter of Aphrodite. "I missed you!"

"I know, Taisie the lazy," Piper joked with her. I felt a familiar pang of jealousy. Why didn't Taisie like me like that? I'm her sister.

x-x-x-x-x

Taisie got along well with the other kids, laughing and playing to her hearts content. Lunch was sandwiches with cheetos.

I had to fill in Taisie's form. It looked a bit like this:

Demigod Daycare Form

Full Name of Child: Taisie Leanne Laker
D.O.B.: 5th May 2006
Immortal Parent: Poseidon
Gaurdian (Mortal or Otherwise): Shannon Gwenda Jayne Toghill-Smith (goes by Smith)
Allergies: Wasp and bee stings (carries pen)
Comments: Can't eat anything orange, no caffeine

Piper handed me a small blue watch face.

"Put it over your watch. It'll beep like an alarm if something-" Piper started but was interrupted by a phone ringing. She sighed and took out her mobile phone (or cell phone as the Americans call it). "Hello? What?! Okay, I'll be right there. Stay put, Drew."

She hung up.

"Can I help?" I asked.

She sighed. "Jason's upstairs in a meeting between your brother and Nico. Thalia hasn't arrived yet. My sister Drew just called. She needs me to go to her hers. She's under attack."

"Monster?"

"Jealous ex-boyfriend," Piper rolled her eyes. She looked at me. "Watch the kids for an hour?"

I blinked. "Are you trying to charmspeak me, Piper Grace?"

"Maybe."

"Well... I should inform you now, I'm impervious to charmspeak. Something to do with who I am," I said.

See, I have another side to me. I'm a demigod and I'm a witch. Dad says I'm a sea witch. I was blessed by Hecate as a baby. I developed magic and I went to a certain school in Britain that was attended by a certain person who's name rhymed with Barry Cotter. For the exceptionally dumb, I went to Hogwarts. I was sorted into Gryffindor and made friends with the great Harry Potter. I left Hogwarts when Dad claimed me. I have to go back for the exams at the end of the year. I know. That sucks! It's a good thing I took Ancient Languages and Care of Magical Creatures.

"Oh. Well, will you watch the kids for an hour?" Piper asked me.

I checked my watch. Why not? "Sure. I got a few hours left until Cain arrives."

x-x-x-x-x

At first, it was easy looking after those kids. I met each one there. A few were just there because it was safe. I met Rosaria, someone I remember from the Demeter cabin at camp. She helped. She was amazing with little kids. They called her Rose. Not bad for a ten year old kid. She was kind. Her hair was braided with a few strands of wheat and straw. She was going to be a looker when she was older. She was dressed in shades of green with blue denim shorts. She lives with her older sister, Kayla, who isn't a demigod. Her green eyes are trusting and friendly. That's what I like about Demeter kids. You could tell them anything an they wouldn't say a word.

I watched as Taisie ran about with a girl called Amber Martin. Amber was a daughter of Apollo. Amber was singing and laughing. She held my gaze for a mere second and I instantly liked her. She had amber coloured eyes and long blode hair.

"Taisie!" Amber yelled girlishly as Taisie stopped running. "We have to escape the monsters."

She knew about monsters. Taisie knew about monsters like the Minotaur or the Calydonian boar. She was six and carried a knife in her pocket with her allergy pen. I was only starting to develope magic at that age.

"Amber!" Rosaria scolded. "Don't cause a panic!"

Amber looked at her feet.

"S'rry," she mumbled.

Rosaria smiled and ruffled Amber's hair. "That's okay, kiddo. Just don't shout monster."

I was impressed. The ten year old had beaten the fifteen yaer old to it. Gee, Harry would have loved to see this.

x-x-x-x-x

"Isn't she adorable!" Indira cooed as Taisie sat down at the dinner table. "She thinks we have dinner at the table! And her looks aren't that bad either."

I kicked Indira under the table.

"Shut it, Preggers," I muttered. "Where's Jerome?"

"He's picking up that last order for me. I'm not paying the extra delivery fee at Penelope's Pizza ever again," Indira smiled, rolling her eyes. They changed. Her eyes changed from green to brown then to blue then back again. She tossed her red hair over her shoulder. She clapped her hands and Taisie wasn't the only one sitting at the dinner table. I found myself sitting as well.

"That's nice," I muttered. I turned to my sister. "Taisie, this is Indira. She owns this house."

"And this is Bump," Indira smiled softly, rubbing her rounded belly. "He'll be out soon. I still haven't got a name for him."

"I still think it should be Jerome Jr.," Jerome's voice interupted. The son of Ares walked in, pizza box in hand. He put the box down and inspected us. Indira snapped her fingers and the box opened, pizza slices flying to the plates.

"Silly, no. I was thinking between Caydon or Haydon or maybe Agamemnon," Indira laughed. The daughter of Hecate was the ideal roomie for me. Her magic and my magic were different but we still were ideal.

Jerome sat next to Indira and kissed her cheek. He rubbed her belly.

Taisie was silent.

"Uh... Taisie. This is Jerome Salisbury, son of Ares," I told her.

Taisie lifted her brunette head. She watched him for a second. He shook his brown hair with his hand, the red highlights standing out in the light. He watched her with bloodshot red eyes. He shrugged.

Dinner was silence against Indira's constant chatter.

x-x-x-x-x

All was quiet. The night was cold and I wrapped myself in my blue duvet. I was so tired. I watched the light outside my window. The New York skyline was beautiful in the night. Even the Big Apple had some great points.

Cain was sleeping on the couch, having arrived hours late because of a certain monster problem.

I lay there, clutching my duvet to me. I tucked my legs into my chest and lay there, curled up like a cat.

Taisie was possibly the strangest thing to happen to me. Another daughter of Poseidon.

I dreamt on that thought.

I was running. It was almost there. He was about to catch me. But the hand that caught me was different.

Eyes of silver burned through his silouette. I saw his face. I screamed. He's dead! He has to be dead! NOOO!

"NOOOO!" I yelled, waking from my dream. It couldn't be him! It just couldn't! But what if it is?

A small voice in the back of my head made me look up. I was upside down, half on the bed with my feet resting diagonally on my pillow, the other half bending of the bed. The door was open and I felt hands lift me up.

"Are you okay, chica loca?" Cain Salvador asked. I nodded and hugged him, to tired and scared to speak. Cain held me to his chest and rocked me back and forth. "It was only a dream, Shannon, only a sueno."

I nodded. "Hello, Cain."

"Hola, mi amiga bonita. We'll talk more in the morning," Cain promised. He started singing a lullaby, soft yet fast in his Spanish tongue. Cain was raised in Mexico before his mother got a job in New York as a reporter. He held me and I felt my eyes become heavier and heavier. I closed them and slept in his arms.

x-x-x-x-x

Cain was stroking my cheek with his index finger. I opened my eyes to see his blue ones looking back at me. I felt a smile appear on my face.

"Hola, Cain. ¿Qúe tal?" I asked him.

"Muy bien, gracias, senorita," Cain smiled. Cain was one of those people who, when the smiled, could light up the room. His hair glowed in the sunlight that poured through the window. He kissed my forehead and sighed, hugging me close. "And you?"

"I'm... I'm good," I stuttered, smiling falsely.

Cain rolled his sky blue eyes. In the light, they sparkled like gems. Cain was... wow. That was the only word I could think of to describe him. He was one of those people you instantly liked no matter what. He could make you smile by breathing, make you laugh by smiling and make you cry by leaving. You love Cain straight away.

"Your still clinging on for life, Chica," he smiled.

I got out of bed, blushinf because I was wearing boxers and a vest top. My brown hair was curly and needed my morning shower desperatly.

Cain waited patiently as I showered and came out in my towel. I had forgotten he how great mornings at camp with him were. A morning in New York will have to do. I'm a Welsh girl in a multicultural city that sometimes gets called a massive fruit. The Big Apple. What a name, huh? I missed my home country. I missed my time at camp. I missed Hogwarts. I missed my friends. I was missing my fifth year. Fifth year was the year when Hogwarts students did their OWLs. I'm going to go back for the seventh year to do my NEWTs whether the gods *cough*Poseidon*cough* like it or not.

Sorry, went off on a tangent.

Cain raised his eyebrow when he saw me in the towel.

"Now, sexy chica?" he smiled, a purr in his voice.

"Nice joke, Joker," I rolled my eyes. "I need my clothes, mi chico tonto."

I picked my blue skinny jeans and my navy Animal Surf top that clung to my skin like a second layer. The Hoosiers played in the background on Cain's phone. Most demigods don't have phones because it's like going over New York with a blimp, shouting, 'This demigod wants their face pounded in by you lucky monsters!'. I'm magically shielded so I have my phone out whenever. Cain has to be careful. Some demigods can't even use Google. I'm usually called to Google things. Trust me, it's not pretty if you look up a Greek monster on the internet and a monster leaps from your screen ready to kill you.

Okay, truth time. Do you guys think that Cain likes me? He looked at me like I had a glow around me and the choir that appears out of nowhere is singing. I blinked.

"Cain?" I asked.

"¿Si?" he replies, his voice softer than usual. That voice made me tremble slightly. It was calming and just so... right.

"Is there something behind me or something? What're you looking at?" I asked him, looking behind me.

"There isn't anything behind, Shannon," Cain laughed. "I was merely thinking about mi madre. She was exactly like you when it came to fashions. She was muy bonito. A beautiful woman, like yourself. Although, between you and I, I prefer you."

"Is it because I'm your age and not your mother?" I asked, half joking.

Cain smiled. "Keep that last comment in mind when you go back to camp."

x-x-x-x-x

HOW IS IT BLOODY POSSIBLE!? Taisie likes everyone except me! This is what happened:

Cain and I sat down to dinner. Taisie sat opposite us, Indira and Jerome next to her.

"Morning all," I smiled. "Sorry about last night. Another nightmare. Did I wake anyone?"

Indira shrugged. She wouldn't know. A herd of rapaging elephants could stampede through her bedroom and she wouldn't wake. Jerome scowled. It was obvious I had woken him. His red eyes weren't bloodshot this morning, causing the colour of blood in his eyes to stand out. Taisie didn't react at first, she was watching Cain.

"You woke me," she said. "I'm glad though. I was having a bad dream."

That was the most words I'd heard her say since I'd met her the day before.

"Was it a bad one?" I asked her.

She looked up, green eyes sharp. "I don't like you."

I blinked. "Ex-excuse me? What?"

"I don't like you," she repeated. Taisie carried on watching Cain in between mouthfuls of Shreddies.

I found my legs were trembling and my eyes were scratchy. I lifted my hand and rubbed my left eye, releiving the scratching momentarily.

Cain glanced at me. I shrugged and poured some Tropicana into my glass. Indira was watching me, waiting for me to snap in some form. Usually, when I snap, I'm violent. Once or twice, I cried. She had a kitchen towel ready and her hand rested on her knife hilt that she kept concealed in her cuff-style bracelet. Jerome was smirking.

"I think I'd better... I'd better get you to the Graces," I said, my voice quiet. And then I threw up. All over Jerome's breakfast. I'd have laughed if I wasn't crying from the vomiting.

x-x-x-x-x

Cain rubbed my back as I heaved. What a time to throw up. And Jerome wasn't very happy about it. He had slammed his fork down on the table and walked away, hands shaking. I repeatedly said sorry to him, scared of his reaction. He shrugged and said he'd take Taisie to the Graces. I thanked him before Indira and Cain carted me off to my room.

I was currently throwing up into the en suite bathroom.

"Sh, Shannon, sh," Cain whispered. "I'll stay with you. My dad's the god of medicine."

I smiled in between heaves. I felt a bit better, having thrown up. Thing is, I was fine before that awkward moment after Taisie said she didn't like me. That six year old had it out for me.

Indira stuck a thermometer in my mouth. She tutted.

"You have Magic Flu. You've let the build up of magic go on for too long, Shannon. Do a spell everynow and then," she told me.

"Thanks, Miss Greek-Magic, but I have witchcraft and wizardry magic," I informed her. Cain had his arms draped around my shoulders.

"She should sleep as well, then," he nodded.

I shuffled over to my bed and got underneath the covers. I wasn't expecting Cain to take off his shirt and get in with me. He held me so close that I couldn't move without my hands touching his chest. I blushed and lokked away.

"Indira, how long does it usually take for the Magic Flu to get out of her system?" Cain asked.

About three hours if she does a spell," Indira answered, backing ut the room. When she closed the door, Cain reached into my bedside table and opened the draw. He pulled out my twelve inch Rosewood wand with a core of kelpie hair. My wand was a Welsh one. The first ever made by a Mr Owlswick Field, the newest wand maker and supplier of the business to make it big and better than Olivanders ever was.

I waved it and sparks of all different colours sparked from the tip. The wand was a small comfort. I pointed it at the nearest breakable object.

"Flippendo," I muttered and the vase I was aiming at flew back and broke against the wall. I heard Indira's footsteps come back. "Uh-oh! Repairo!"

The vase fixed itself. I remembered it was Indira's vase. She came through the door.

"When I said do a spell, I didn't mean break things," she scowled.

"I didn't," I smiled at her.

x-x-x-x-x

A/N: Well? Review! Please! Pretty please! You know you want to. *begs on knees* PLEASE!!!

Third chapter is on its way! It has a sign on it that says 'WARNING: UNDER CONSTRUCTION - WEAR HELMET!'
Back to top Go down
Shan the Otter

Shan the Otter

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan   Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 7:17 pm

Chapter 3:
You Know What

I felt fine when I woke up. Cain was reading some poetry book.

I yawned and streatched. "Hello," I yawned, my voice strained because of the stretching.

Cain looked up and smiled. "Hola. How was your sleep?"

"Dreadful. I had another nightmare."

This was the fourth day of Cain's stay. We were heading to camp next weekend.

"How was Fabian's?" I asked. I'd learned that Fabian was actually a child of Athena the day before when Cain IMed him in my room. It was funny seeing him begin to stutter. I laughed like a loon! As soon as he saw me, his face went all pale. He started apologising for the boys behaviour the other day. I said it was fine because I stood them up anyway. All I need is to know their addresses and where to buy a industry size roll of duck tape and I'll be set to ruin their lifes. make fun of me and my little sister and you'll get pain!

"Fabian was okay. He wants us to go out with a bunch of guys and a few girls later for a night at the cinema," Cain shrugged.

"Sure," I shrugged back. "What're we going to see?"

"Dunno, chica. He didn't say," Cain smiled, putting his book down. He stood up and the sun seemed to brighten through the window.

x-x-x-x-x

Taisie hadn't said more than three syllables to me since the whole 'I don't like you' thing. She spoke more to Cain. She adored him. The little six year old daughter of Poseidon likes MY Cain. MINE! ARRGH! She's so annoying! I see how people at Hogwarts thought I was annoying now.

She was sitting on the sofa in front of the telly (that's a TV or television for those who don't know what telly is. It's a British term) cuddled up next Indira and Jerome. Jerome had his on/off moments when it came to Taisie. He liked her sometimes, most the times he couldn't care less.

Percy had IMed me twice asking how everything was going. I told him what she said. He laughed. What a nice brother, huh?

Cain was washing the dishes. He'd actually offered to do them. He wasn't even here last night at dinner.

I felt a wave of energy hit my head and I put my hands on my forehead. I stumbled into the living room. Taisie was watching me. I watched her. She glared, frowning. I gazed back blankly.

"Cain? We have to go in an hour. I'm going to take a shower," I called through to Cain.

"I'll call Fabian and ask what film it is," he yelled back.

"Great. Indira? Can you watch Taisie? We're going out for the night," I asked.

"What? Me? Look after your little sister just so you can go see a movie?" she asked, her expression furious.

"I'll pay you in Oreos," I tried, thinking fast.

"Deal," Indira smiled.

I frowned. "You just wanted Oreos."

"Yep. Now go get in the shower. Jerome? Can you go get-"

"No. Nothing for her," Jerome refused before she could finish.

"-me a soda from the fridge," Indira finished, laughing slightly.

Jerome was in deep shiz.

"You gonna be okay, Tais?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"So long as you get back by midnight," she said. I blinked and did a double-take. She'd said, let's see, one,two, three, four... nine syllables! Yay!

"Why's that?"

"Because." And back to less than three.

"Care to elaborate?" I asked, waving my hand in a get on with it motion.

"Monsters come out at witching hour," she said.

"Well. That's the time that I'm at my best, Taisie. I'm a witch see. Indira's one as well, but she's different to me because her mam's Hecate," I explained.

Taisie looked at me before she turned back to the telly.

x-x-x-x-x

What an existance. The boys that thought I was a teenage mother were with us. They started wolf whistling when I appeared at Fabian's house. Cain and I walked in.

I was wearing my navy skinny jeans and my Wales shirt that clung to my curves. I loved that rugby shirt. My hair was curled and my make up was done by a spell. I looked stunning. I even wore my quest boots because not only were they comfortable but they were stylish and made my outfit look better. My red Wales shirt made my hair stand out more and my eyes were hidden slightly from the lights by my fringe. My nails were painted black with tiny blue tridants on them and I had an assortment of bracelets on my wriss. Plenty of them were red and black with the occasional Moshi band and elastic band. My curled hair was tied up in a ponytail, my fringe loose from it. I kept my knives on my belt but out of mortal sight. My watch was ready to go in case of an emergency. My watch could turn into armour when I pressed a hidden button and slammed the watch face. It was a Christmas/Birthday present from Tyson, cyclops son of Poseidon. Dad had given me the earings I was wearing. I had mini silver tridants dangling from my pierced ears. Percy had liked them and Annabeth gave me a bunch of facts on silver that I can't remember. All I know is that I can't wear cheap earings without my ears turning gross. My glasses were in my bag waiting in case one of my contact lenses fell out at the cinema.

Fabian gulped when he saw me.

"Hey, Fabian. Is that a banana in your pocket or are you just happy to see me," I laughed. Fabian actually checked.

"Uh," Fabian said, clearing his throat. "You, er, look nice, Shannon. I can see why Cain won't shut up about you in his sleep."

Cain took a swipe at him.

"Joking, Cain," Fabian said, rubbing his arm where Cain had hit him. "The girls are in the kitchen."

Cue laughter. One particular laugh was all too familiar.

We went on through and I saw my worst nightmare.

"Oh, look girls. That's, like, her. That's Shannon. She's, like, the girl that, like, left my school after her friend, like, almost got killed in fourth year, like," Calais Richardson laughed. I met her on the Hogwarts train in First Year. She was with Hermione. When she was sorted into Ravenclaw, I'd forgotten all about her. She was a Caucasian girl with black hair and her eyes are green. Not like my eyes but a forgettable green. You never remember them until you see them. She was here, in Fabian's kitchen, mocking me.

"C-Calais?" I asked, barely able to believe that she was there.

"Yeah. It's me, like, who else would it, like, be?" she asked.

"I dunno. Maybe, oo let's see, the Tooth Fairy? Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson? Julie Andrews? Anyone but you," I smiled at her. See how she likes her own medicine.

I saw an old accaintance in the crowd of laughing girls that was biting her lip, looking out of place. It was Stellar Monroe, daughter of Hephaestus. She was the only daughter of Hephaestus that had the ability of a fireuser. Leo Valdez didn't know about her. No one at camp did much. She was a demigod that went looking for demigods, like a satyr but she wasn't there to take them to camp. She just set the satyrs in the right direction. She had long brown hair and soft green eyes. She's about fifteen now. I noticed her hair was naturally flecked with ginger. That was the fire in her veins. I was one of the only ones that knew of Stellar's existance. She was a Welsh demigod, like myself.

She smiled when she saw me. She nudged a girl beside her. Virtue Delcy, the strangest girl I've ever known. Virtue's eyes showed her emotions and her long blonde hair was mousey. She was wearing a woolen panda hat from River Island, a black and white checked skirt and a white t-shirt. She had over the knee black and white striped socks on with black All-Star converses. Her eyes were pink for happiness.

Calais was chatting again, ignoring me. I noticed that Cain wasn't in the room with me.

I went over to Stellar and Virtue.

"Hiya, girls," I smiled. "How's everything?"

"I've found another fifty demigods since the last time I saw you," Stellar whispered.

"And how many made it?"

"Twenty went to the Romans and ten made it to Camp Half-Blood," Stellar rolled her eyes. "You know monsters."

"I've perfected my powers," Virtue clapped her hands together. I felt the mood around the room lighten. I smiled happily.

"Quit that," I said in a sing-song voice.

"Sorry," Virtue smirked. "Just trying to lighten the mood in here."

x-x-x-x-x

I hate it when I overhear things. The movie was okay. Cain, Fabian and I sat at the back. There was ten of us all together and the film was packed. I laughed when I saw the movie tickets Fabian brought back for me and Cain. 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire'. Harry would get a kick out of this one when I saw him at exams.

Harry had just found out the egg's message when I realised 'Hey, I'm not in the books or the movies! Thanks J.K.Rowling!' and frowned.

Cain got up and went to the toilets.

"Shannon's had sex with Cain," I heard Calais whisper. "She told me herself."

Damned if I did!

"I hear that Cain's going out with Cally," one fo the boys said quietly.

WHAT!?

"Shannon?" Fabian asked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine," I whispered back. He was next to me, me being between him and Cain.

"That's good," Fabian nodded. He moved his hand and it was on my knee. I felt my cheeks redden. If I stayed still, maybe he'd take it away. No such luck, he watched me and I watched him. His hand went further up my thigh. I was mentally squirming. Fabian leaned in and I found him kissing my cheek. Well, it was meant to be anyway. If I hadn't turned my face at the wrong time. He kissed me on the mouth, his hand on my face. I closed my eyes, moaning softly. I was suprised to find that I was enjoying it. Maybe it was like Annabeth and Percy. Except, I felt a nagging sensation in my skull, like I'd forgetten something. I pulled away. And opened my eyes to see Cain staring in horror at us. Thank the gods for the dark.

I was in deep shiz as it was.

x-x-x-x-x

"Why? I mean, why, Shannon? Why did you kiss him?" Cain demanded when we went back to Fabian's.

"I don't know!" I yelled back. My head hurt and I was on the verge of crying. "I've said sorry! I've repeated it over and over again, Cain!"

Cain looked so upset. I bit my lip. This was crazy. I wasn't even Cain's girlfriend. Just a friend to him.

"What do you care if I kissed him anyway? You're not my boyfriend, Cain!" I shouted.

The loud thumps from the music downstairs shielded us from everyone eavesdropping. Fabian seemed to be on cloud nine since the kiss.

"I know!" Cain yelled back. "I just wish-"

"Wish what?" I demanded. "You've had plenty of chances to ask me out yourself, Cain!"

"Don't you think I know that, chica? Don't you think I haven't thought about it?"

"Or don't you care because people think your going out with Calais Richardson!"

"Calais? She's a daughter of Furina. Goddess of memory and forgeting," Cain said.

"She's a demigod?" I asked.

"Yes. She's been at camp for years now. She was there all the time when you started going," Cain informed me.

"Well, excuse me for not noticing! I was a bit preoccupied by finding out I was a demigod and further more a daughter of one of the Big Three. And even more so that I was a daughter of Poseidon and I could breath underwater!"

"Your so inconsiderate!" Cain yelled at me.

"You don't know that! I've always thought about you! And you know what? I've got enough on my hands with Taisie hating me so I don't need you to shout at me! Just leave it be! Fabian got there before you did. You dithered about too much, you great big pillock."

I was breathing heavily from my anger. I was dangerous when angry.

Cain was shocked. I'd never called him a name. Ever. Not once since meeting him when I accidentally fired an arrow into his foot.

"Fine. Fine. Let's just... stay apart for a while," Cain whispered. He headed for the door. I felt my eyes prick with tears. "See you around, chica."

He closed the door behind him and I collapsed onto my hands and knees. I was balling my eyes out. My hair was ruined by the time I noticed the door open and someone was watching.

"Thanks, Shannon. I, like, got a new, like, boyfriend because of you," Calais gloated before leaving.

"F*** off," I whispered.

x-x-x-x-x

I slept in Fabian's room that night. He was more than happy to let me. I was too tired to go back to Indira's. Percy IMed me the next morning, asking where I was.

"Percy... I'm fine. I slept over Fabian's is all," I told him as I rubbed my eyes. The make-up spell had worn off.

"Fabian? You mean Annabeth's half-brother? The seventeen year old?" Percy asked.

"He's sixteen, Genius," I rolled my eyes. "Have you spoken to Taisie this morning?"

"Why do you think I'm talking to you now? She said you didn't go home last night," Percy shrugged.

"Tell her to go home now," Annabeth's voice cut in sharper than ever.

"Annie? I didn't sleep with Fabian," I told her. Annabeth walked into view.

"You better not," she growled.

"Look, I had an arguement with Cain last night and I really don't need this, Annabeth," I sighed.

"An arguement?" Percy asked. "With Cain?"

"What about?" Annabeth demanded, slightly softening.

I hesitated. Bad move. "I... I kissed someone last night and he wasn't happy about it."

"Why'd you kiss someone else for? I thought it was obvious that you liked him," Annabeth commented.

"I... Well, he just didn't get there in time, I guess," I sighed. "Look, can we not talk about this? I want to get back. I need to pack to go to Camp Half-Blood this weekend with Taisie."

"Sure," Percy shrugged. I swiped the connection before Annabeth could protest.

x-x-x-x-x

Cain didn't speak to me during the ride to Camp. Taisie had the conversations with him. I swear, if I hear one more thing about Hannah F***ing Montana, I'm going to bloody scream!

Camp was the usual. Taisie ran ahead of Cain and I and we walked in silence. He went to the Big House with Taisie and I went to my cabin. Camp Half-Blood never had so many kids in it! Wow. The cabins were like an Omega. The lava climbing wall was... still just as dangerous. The arena had a bunh of kids fighting in it. Same old Camp Half-Blood.

My cabin was made from stone. A long, smoothed cabin that smelt faintly of sea salt. I walked into my cabion and was taken back by how clean it was. The harpies did well I suppose. I set my stuff down on the bed I'd claimed from day one. There was four beds. One was Percy's with his old Minotaur horn hanging on the wall above his pillow. Tyson's was the one next to that, a few scraps of metal indicated that he was recently at camp. Then there was mine. Mine was covered with a blue duvet and a black fleese blanket. Taisie's bunk had a shark teddy on it. Great. Dad was leaving gifts for her. I felt like ripping up the cabin but what would that do? Would it make Taisie like me as a sister? Make Cain talk to me? If you ask me, he overreacted. Still, he didn't get there in time. He could have kissed me but... well, he didn't. Fabian did but Annabeth needn't know that.

I was scared of the truth. I knew deep down that I liked Cain but I wasn't prepared to say it outloud to him. I mean, we liked each other. It was simple. Or it seemed simple anyway.

I lay on my bed, looking up at the ceiling. My nightmare from nights ago haunted me in stills. I saw his face again. Those silver eyes piercing me. How I hated them. I turned my mind to Cain. I missed him. I wasn't speaking to him. He wasn't speaking to me. I was going to do something crazy. I was going to make Cain jealous. I was going to make him regret it. Fabian better be ready for this bombshell.

I got up of the bed and went ot the fountain. I picked up one of the goldne drachmas and held it in my hand. I breathed in heavily through my nose.

"Oh, Iris, goddess of rainbows," I started. "Accept my offering."

I threw the drachma. It disappeared.

"Fabian Knott," I stated. Fabian appeared in the fountain. He saw me and smiled.

"Hey, Shannon. How are you?" he asked.

"Do you think you could come to camp?" I asked him, smiling like everything was fine.

"Uh, sure. I think I can. Why?"

"I... want to see you," I said, looking down, blushing.

"I, uh, sure. I'll be there in an hour."

x-x-x-x-x

Fabian looked actually okay-looking. He entered my cabin wearing a pair of black jeans and his camp t-shirt.

"Hey," I smiled, looking up from one of my Hogwarts textbooks. I put it down and went to close my door. Fabian got there before I did.

"Hi. What's up, then?" he asked.

"Cain and I had an arguement. Because I kissed you," I admitted.

"Oh," Fabian blinked.

"But the thing is... I liked kissing you, Fabian," I said. It was true... ish. "And the thing is. Last night... I dreamt about kissing you again. And a bit more as well."

I had him against the wall. I was smiling as seductivly as I could and I pulled his face to mine and I kissed him. I felt like I'd been dipped in a vat of toxic waste. I hated doing this. I hated what I was doing to Fabian and, by default, Cain.

Fabian lifted his hands and held my sides.

It was then I saw a flash of red. Red eyes. Red snake eyes.

I pulled away, shocked by what I'd seen.

"Excuse me... I think I... I'm sorry," I stuttered.

"That's okay. I was about to take it too far anyway. I've got to get to my cabin now," Fabian smiled. He started to move. Then he stopped. "But there is one thing. Shannon, er, would you... do you want to go out with me?"

I blinked. "Sure."

I felt numb saying that word, that single syllable.

x-x-x-x-x

A/N: Well? How devious am I? I say plenty. I bet that review button is sceaming to be clicked on? Why don't you humour me and leave a review? Please?

AND THAT IS WHERE THE COOKIE HAD NO MORE CRUMBLE! RL GOT IN THE WAY AND I COULDN'T CONTINUE Sad AND TH LOSS OF THE FIRST CHAPTER MAKES IT WEIRD TO READ.. BUT i'LL LEAVE THAT TO YOU
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan   Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan Empty

Back to top Go down

Ye Olde Self-Insert Fan fition~ Big Sister by Shan
Page 1 of 1