Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Camp Half Blood

A PJO roleplay site.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Roman Character!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Theseus12

Theseus12

My Roman  Character! Empty
PostSubject: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 12:39 pm

Roman Demigod(ess)
Character Name:Thomas Ellis (true first name, Theseus, but he doesn't like talking about it much.)
Description (hair color, eye color, height, ect. Be descriptive):Thomas is tall for his age, standing at about 5 foot 9. His skin is well tanned, yet still light. He has blue-green eyes, and blackish brown hair. weighing in at about 120 pds, Thomas is very lithe.
God parent( must be Roman):Mercury

Mortal parent: Ashli Ellis
Powers (must have limits):can read the Language of Music with no difficulty whastsoever. has an internal compass.
Flaws (At least three): a bit overly proud of traveling here WITHOUT Lupa's training, and surviving. mildly over confident. Heart Condition(see other for details).

Pets:Bladgen, a Crow that can talk with little skill, generally just saying various doggerel, but occasionally spouting bits of prophecy.
Weapon (Must be Imperial Gold): a huge "A" longsword(Imperial Gold), a ping pong paddle(plastic). also has an electric, Gibson flying "V" guitar named "Clementine". magical can summon Pyros(mono enemy launching with third degree burns on backside. 7 times a day.) EarthShakers (shockwave of sound over a 3 yard radius. blasts enemies back. 7 times a day.) and can slowly heal (broken arm in 7 posts.)
Talents or skills:can fight with his sword rather well, for someone who got none of Lupa's training. his fighting style is neither greek or roman, but rather a style known as "Battle Pong", because of his use of "Pinger" as a weapon. a severely quick draw with his paddle, a fact he's proud of. quite skilled with a guitar.
Roleplay example (at least 4 sentences): Thomas looked at the Tiber as he crossed the bridge into Camp Jupiter, and caught his breath. "Dear gods... is this place so beautiful?" Thomas didn't know if there was a heaven, but he figured it would look something like this. with pride, and Humility, Thomas strode down into the Camp Proper.
Biography(at least 4 sentences): Thomas led a fairly simple life, till his mother died. Then the wolves came, and brought him to Lupa. after months of training, Lupa gave Thomas the Final Test: get to Camp Jupiter alive. Thomas found a sword from the corpse of his first monster, and learned to wield it. He also befreinded a crow, naming it Blagden, and teaching it to speak. Eventually, Blagden started having this habit of spouting off at the beak, especially bits of doggerel. Thomas would have shut him up if it wasn't for the fact that the bird occasionally shouted bits of prophecy as well. Thomas carried with him the only memento of his past: His mother's guitar. She always claimed it was the one thing of Thomas's father she had, other than Thomas, that she had attractd his eye because of her skills with one. even then, she wuld never learn it's true potential. that was left to her Son...
Anything else: Thomas has a heart condition known as aortic arch reverse. if someone strikes him in the chest with a blunt object, there is a better chance than normal that his heart will stop. Painful, Literal heartbreak. really, really hates Rap.

Last edited by Theseus12 on Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:36 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 5:05 pm

From Dictionary.com:

dictionary.com wrote:
    au·ger   [aw-ger]
    noun
    1. Carpentry .
    a. A bit, as for a brace.
    b. A boring tool, similar to but larger than a gimlet, consisting of a bit rotated by a transverse handle.
    2. earth auger.
    3. A device consisting of a shaft with a broad helical flange rotating within a cylindrical casing to force bulk materials from one end to the other.
    4. Snake ( def. 3a ).

I'm confused as to what your character is.
Back to top Go down
https://chbroleplay.rpg-board.net
Theseus12

Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:57 pm

I'm sorry, I misspelled augur. here's the definition:

From Dictionary.com
au·gur
1    [aw-ger] Show IPA
noun
one of a group of ancient Roman officials charged with observing and interpreting omens for guidance in public affairs.
soothsayer; prophet.
verb (used with object)
to divine or predict, as from omens; prognosticate.
to serve as an omen or promise of; foreshadow; betoken: Mounting sales augur a profitable year.
Back to top Go down
Dylan

Dylan

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 6:59 pm

Uhmm. If I'm not mistaken, Octavian is the Roman Augur.....And Fishy is kinda making a Roman app for Octavian, so a different Augur is uneeded
Back to top Go down
Theseus12

Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 10:30 pm

what about the definition, "one of a GROUP of Roman Officials.." bit?
Back to top Go down
Dylan

Dylan

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:05 pm

Ugh. I see your point...Unless Fishy has a problem about it, Approved..
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Unapproved. I'm personally kind of annoyed that you just assumed that we're having augurs find out which Cohort the campers go to, which we actually are not doing. I want to be as true to the series as possible, and in the series they don't do that SO we're doing it as close to what they did in the books as possible.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12

Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am

Apologies. I've edited my character.
Back to top Go down
Black Cat
Admin
Black Cat

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 12:29 pm

In SoN, it appears that Octavian is the only augur. Yes, I did take note of the definition where it says, "One of a group," but just going off of the book, Rick made it so there wasn't a group.
Back to top Go down
Theseus12

Theseus12

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 2:41 pm

Edited my character.

Completely.
Back to top Go down
Zachary

Zachary

Location : On a dragon, flying around the world with a magic computer.

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 3:37 pm

This character is Zachary approved! *Stamps topic with Zachary's seal of approval*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Roman Character!   My Roman  Character! Empty

Back to top Go down

My Roman Character!
Page 1 of 1